Widest flow range of any DP-based flow device…
The McMenon wedge meter product range is adaptable to almost any process condition or installation requirements.
Wedge meters are particularly suitable for fluids that are dirty, viscous, abrasive or with a tendency to foul, providing accurate measurements and resisting conditions that would normally wear the sensitive measurement surfaces found in other, less robust, measurement technologies.
In addition they have the widest flow range of any DP-based flow device and require shorter upstream and downstream straight pipe lengths than some other DP primary elements.
McMenon are the leading manufacturer of wedge meters with the longest in-house experience of manufacture and calibration in the industry. The McMenon offering covers both the traditional Taylor wedge design and the design based on ISO 5167-6:2019.
Sizing and selection is simplified by use of McMenon Solve, the ultimate tool for DP flowmeter sizing and more, used on-line
or off-line and available to download now
- Accuracy calibrated within ±0.5% ( ±0.75% for DN15 1/2 in.)
- Uncalibrated ±5% for Taylor wedge
- Uncalibrated ±4% for ISO wedge
- Pressure loss 40-80% of differential head, dependent on the H/D ratio
- Maximum working pressure is limited by process and tapping connection rating.
- Standard process designs up to ANSI 600 lb. rating
- Higher pressures available to special design
- Note: Chemical Tee connections are limited to max 20.6 bar (300 psi)
- H/D ratio is 0.2 to 0.7 for Taylor wedge; 0.2 to 0.6 for ISO wedge
- Oil and gas industry
- Chemical and petrochemical industry
Pipeline size range
- 15 to 600 mm (1/2 to 24 in.)
- Wedge design is size dependent
- Fittings for larger pipelines are available to special order