Venturi tubes offer excellent resistance to wear and consequently require virtually no maintenance. They have a very long service life which is typically the whole life of the plant on which they are installed. They produce a low net pressure loss and therefore reduce energy costs by typically 20 to 25%, with a consequent reduction in greenhouse gas emissions.
Wide range of sizes and materials to match application
McMenon are specialists in the engineering and supply of venturi tubes in the demanding applications found in oil and gas, petrochemicals and process industries. Many units are in use in Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) plants, Gas to Liquids (GTL) processes and in refining.
McMenon manufacture and supply the complete loop, from DP, pressure and temperature sensors and transmitters through to complete process automation systems.
Calibration offers increased performance
McMenon is one of only a few DP flow suppliers to offer in-house calibration of large venturi tubes.
Without calibration, all venturi tubes have a larger uncertainty based on (for example) the ISO5167 published coefficient, which necessarily allows for manufacturing tolerances, etc. At very high Reynolds Numbers, the uncertainty band is even wider. Calibration reduces the overall uncertainty by establishing the actual, as-manufactured discharge coefficient over the meter’s operating range of Reynolds Numbers.
Applications of the Venturi tube
- Power generation
- Oil production and refining
- Water treatment and distribution
- Gas processing and transmission
- Chemical and petrochemical industry
- Liquified Natural Gas
Special Features of the Venturi tube
- Suitable for liquid, gas and steam flow measurement
- Accuracy ≤ ±0.5 % of actual flow rate
- Repeatability of measurement 0.1 %
- Lowest pressure loss in the family of DP primary flow elements
- Calibration may be performed if required
Pressure class and Line Size
- 150-2500 ANSI & 10,000 PSI applications
- 2” - 72” and larger if required
- Short form, Long form and truncated versions available
- Cast, Machined and Fabricated construction
- Range of materials; Carbon to Stainless Steels, Duplex to Inconel
- Cladding and Coating options
Sizing and selection is simplified by use of McMenon Solve,
available from email@example.com
For more details
Flow Measurement Selection & Practice guide