McMenon have an orifice plate, union or carrier for all orifice applications…
Orifice plates are the simplest of the DP flow measurement devices.
Inexpensive to replace and available in a range of materials; making them an ideal choice for applications where permeant pressure loss is not a significant factor.
Devices based on orifice plates remain one of the best selling flow metering technologies. As well as measuring flow, they are used to restrict the flowrate to a certain value or to reduce the pressure at a certain flowrate.
The technology is well-understood and thoroughly proven and is available from McMenon in a wide range of designs to suit most applications. From simple plates to metering runs, McMenon have an orifice plate, union or orifice carrier for all orifice applications – simple flow measurement, flow restriction or pressure reduction.
The orifice plate range includes: Paddle-type plates – square edged, quarter circle/conical, eccentric; RTJ plates – with male or female process connections; Orifice carriers – with integral tapping connections; Orifice metering runs – with upstream/downstream pipe sections; Complete Flanged Orifice Unions (Orifice Flange Assemblies); Restriction orifice plates
- Max. operating temperature and pressure limited by material and
- Suitable for liquid, gas and steam flow measurement
- Latest Specification Vertical Machining Centre (VMC)
- Accuracy ≤ ±0.5 % of actual flow rate
- Repeatability of measurment of 0.1 %
- Power generation
- Oil production and refining
- Water treatment and distribution
- Gas processing and transmission
- Chemical and petrochemical industry
Pipeline size range
- From 0.5in up to 42in