The North West Energy Coast Alliance has expressed delight after being engaged as a Key Delivery Partner for the Programme and Project Partners (PPP) framework.
The Alliance, made up of Workington firms McMenon Engineering Services and TIS Cumbria, has been appointed via the PPP to help deliver fabricated and manufactured equipment packages for the Sellafield projects.
The package is the first of the Goods/Services Agreements to be awarded by PPP as part of a major framework spanning the next 18 years. Items and equipment to be provided include process cabinets, encast Items, bogies and rail systems.
McMenon CEO Anand Puthran and Chief Operating Officer Shiby Bernard said: “We are delighted with the news and excited at the prospect of becoming one of the main Cumbrian SME suppliers to the nuclear industry.
“McMenon’s Workington facility has a 75-year engineering and manufacturing heritage with exports to over 50 countries.
“When we acquired the business from a global corporation in 2018, we promised our Cumbrian workforce that our future growth would include diversification into nuclear and renewable sectors.
“Now being included as a delivery partner in the PPP framework is a major step in fulfilling that promise to our people.
“And it gives us even more satisfaction to envisage the success of the NWEC Alliance culminating in increased job opportunities within the alliance and our supply partners in Cumbria.”
Joint owners of TIS Cumbria Tony O’Pray and John Bragg also expressed their delight at the success.
They said: “We are delighted that the NWEC Alliance has been successfully named as a Key Delivery Partner on the PPP framework at Sellafield for the next three years.
“The commitment of the alliance between TIS Cumbria and McMenon Engineering over many years has matured, enabling our two West Cumbrian SME’s to sit equally beside our elite Tier 2 manufacturers in the UK.
“We would like to thank the PPP project team for their confidence in recognising the capabilities of our West Cumbrian alliance and we hope this success will be reflected out into the local community.”
- McMenon's growth plans accelerate with appointment of Global Sales Director
- McMenon delight at Sellafield PPP framework success
- McMenon eyes further growth in nuclear and renewables with senior appointment
- Experts manufacture pioneering flow meter technology
- Delight as McMenon collects two leading industry awards
- Leading Cumbrian engineering company celebrates its manufacturing heroes
- National Stress Awareness Day
- McMenon’s award-winning Chief Operations Officer reveals her inspiration on International Women in Engineering Day
- Diversity beyond dashboards
- Andrea, 18, celebrates winning seat on shadow business board