McMenon is looking for time served welder/fabricators for the welding of components and instruments , using different welding processes and thermal cutting techniques.
McMenon Engineering Services Ltd is a globally trusted partner of choice for flow, temperature, process measurement solutions and contract manufacturing services.
With a mantra of ‘investing in innovation and the next generation’, McMenon champions diversity of thinking and opportunities, and we are looking for new team members to help us deliver our successful, exciting, and sustainable growth strategy.
- Plans welding by studying work orders, engineering plans, materials, specifications, locations of surfaces, and parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Plans stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock; placing and expediting orders for stock; verifying receipt of stock. Assesses equipment, structures, materials, and job specifications for appropriate welding positions and methods
- Monitors equipment for appropriate usage and temperature
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of universal standards and specifications in order to meet relevant legal requirements
- Develops working knowledge of dozens of methods used for welding a variety of materials and components
- Operates specialised machinery for industrial welding
- Trims metal components using heat, fire, and electricity
- Monitors work environment for hazards and maintains healthy ventilation levels to avoid particle or gas inhalation
- Follows safety protocol, including wearing heat-resistant gloves, protective masks, and safety shoes
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production documents.
- To liaise with internal departments and assist in production
- Undertake any other task, as requested by line manager
- Works under minimal supervision and has good communication
- Time served welder/fabricator who has qualified from a recognised training body (NVQ Level 3).
- Proficient TIG / MIG Welder, must have experience in pipe welding of Carbon and Stainless Steels working to RT/UT & MPI/DPI quality.
- Candidates must be fully proficient in reading engineering drawings, following and understanding specific work instructions.
- Candidates would need to be able to demonstrate an understanding for Quality Controls and material traceability. Also be prepared to work to tight deadlines, and show willingness to adapt to changes in operation process requirements.
- Candidates must be completely conversant with measuring equipment and be prepared to perform inspection operations in line with McMenon quality procedures.
- Relevant experience ideally gained from working in a factory or technical environment
- A good working knowledge of quality systems such as ISO 9001 and other applicable standards
- Practical interest in Engineering
- Good attention to detail and able to work as a team player, performing to a high standard.
- The ability to use a computer to access work instructions, time keeping, perform data entry and complete training if required.
- They will also need to lift and manipulate items while sitting or standing. Sitting, standing, lifting, walking, and pushing carts is required.
- Welders are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Candidate must be prepared to be flexible, moving into other departments as work demands.
Job Type and Place of Work
- Competitive salary and company pension scheme
- Nine-day fortnight
- On-site parking
- Opportunities to develop your career and progress within the company
Email your cv and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org