McMenon Engineering Services Ltd is a globally trusted partner of choice for flow, temperature, process measurement solutions and contract manufacturing services.
With a mantra of ‘investing in innovation and the next generation’, McMenon champions diversity of thinking and opportunities, and we are looking for new team members to help us deliver our successful, exciting, and sustainable growth strategy.
We are looking for a Quality Engineer with experience of working in a manufacturing environment or similar to test our products and procedures and ensure they meet safety and quality standards.
You will have previous experience of working to ISO 9001 standards and will be a certified auditor.
Ideally the candidate will hold a degree in engineering or quality assurance and have a great attention to detail.
- Set detailed guidelines on what needs to be checked and what the quality standards are
- Have good working knowledge of internal and external management systems
- Update our Quality Management System (QMS) with incidents, fixes and improvements
- Audit our systems based on ISO 9001:2015 requirements
- Determine quality metrics for all manufacturing procedures
- Monitor the entire production cycle and perform regular tests to identify potential malfunctions as early as possible
- Inspect product materials and electrical systems for defects and durability
- Prepare reports on malfunctions and corrective actions (e.g. number of defective raw materials per order)
- Review current blueprints and quality documentation
- Support customers and third-party inspectors requirements for product inspection / testing.
- Coordinate with external quality assurance auditors and technicians to ensure legal compliance
- Work with internal teams to increase customer satisfaction by improving the quality of the products
Requirements and skills
- Experience as a Quality Engineer or similar role, ideally in a manufacturing environment
- Hands-on experience with Quality Management Systems (QMS) and testing methodologies
- In-depth understanding of technical documentation
- Familiarity with statistical analysis
- Great attention to detail and problem-solving abilities
- Maintain great working relationships internally and externally
- Good analytical skills
- Planning and communication skills
- Excellent IT skills and well versed in Microsoft packages
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or relevant field
- Additional certification in Quality Assurance is a plus
Job type and place of work
- Full-time (40 hour week)
- Personnel based in Workington
- Competitive salary and company pension scheme
- Nine-day fortnight
- On-site parking
- Opportunities to develop your career and progress within the company
To apply email your cv and cover letter to email@example.com
Application deadline: Friday, April 22nd, 2022.