McMenon is looking for a packing operative to work in the logistics department of a busy engineering firm.
McMenon Engineering Services Ltd is a globally trusted partner of choice for flow, temperature, process measurement solutions and contract manufacturing services.
With a mantra of ‘investing in innovation and the next generation’, McMenon champions diversity of thinking and opportunities, and we are looking for new team members to help us deliver our successful, exciting, and sustainable growth strategy.
- Maintain high standards of product and packaging quality whilst at the same time ensuring that waste is kept to a minimum.
- Carrying out packing, contract packing and assembly duties in an efficient manner as instructed by your supervisor.
- Completion of production paperwork.
- Updating the company computer system.
- Communicate with others in a professional manner and provide examples of maintaining records in accordance with company procedures
- Keep a clean & tidy working environment.
- Take in deliveries
- The role does include some heavy lifting and manual handling.
- General housekeeping duties in the warehouse or production area and duties as assigned.
- Forklift truck licence would be advantageous
- Applicants must be comfortable with manual handling / lifting.
- A good attention to detail
- Previous experience within a similar role would be desirable
- Ability to follow policies and procedures, written and verbal instruction, and to meet schedules required consistently
- Good attention to detail and able to work as a team player, performing to a high standard.
- The ability to use a computer to access work instructions, time keeping, perform data entry and complete training if required.
- Good oral communication skills Team player.
- Flexible attitude.
- Willingness to learn/develop Flexible in your approach to work Able to work well under pressure Good communication skills.
Job Type and Place of Work
- Competitive salary and company pension scheme
- Nine-day fortnight
- On-site parking
- Opportunities to develop your career and progress within the company
Email your cv and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org