We’re looking for a Mechanical Project Engineerto support Sales, Technical, Engineering & Production to deliver design solutions from concept through to final design. Supporting both technical and design engineers in meeting their deliverables as well as managing and executing individually assigned tasks and projects.
This position shall report to Business Director and be responsible for the full design lifecycle for bespoke and standard product ranges.
- Analyzing project specifications, developing work schedules, and delegating tasks to different teams.
- Support in estimating and submitting relevant cost
- Completing blueprint designs using CAD software, planning materials, production documents etc
- Ensuring that all engineering and manufacturing projects are reviewed with the standards and relevant regulations.
- Reviewing manufacturing processes and making appropriate recommendations for improvement.
- Collaborating with other various departments and technical personnel to develop instructional and training manuals where required.
- Collaborating with internal department, liaising with clients and submitting relevant technical documents and packages.
- Ensuring that each project stays within the allocated budget and timeframe.
- Scheduling meetings and training sessions when necessary.
- Comply with company QHSE procedures
- Carry out other tasks as required
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or a related discipline.
- A suitable master’s degree may be advantageous.
- Previous experience in nuclear industry may be advantageous
- Several years of experience working in the engineering field.
- Strong organizational, and time management skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- A positive attitude and willingness to work overtime if required.
- Flexible approach to work and a can-do attitude
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Skilled in verbal and written communication
- Proficient mathematical skills, arithmetic, geometry, algebra and other computation tools that support engineering.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in using 2D& 3D CAD package.
- Ability to read & interpret engineering drawings, standards and specifications.
- Knowledge of machining and fabrication techniques.
- Knowledge of various standards and their application.
- Working knowledge of designing pressure equipment to common design codes
- Knowledge on DP Flow
JOB TYPE& PLACE OF WORK
- Personnel based in Workington