We’re looking for a Instrument Engineerto support Sales, Technical, Engineering & Production to deliver design solutions from concept through to final design. Supporting both technical and design engineers in meeting their deliverables as well as managing and executing individually assigned tasks and projects.
This position shall report to Technical Director and be responsible for the full design lifecycle for bespoke and standard product ranges.
- Apply technical knowledge to innovate, design, develop and realise customised customer-centric designs.
- Occasionally check the design work of designers, other engineers, engineering documentation or contractors when required
- Reduce cost of product andincrease production throughput through new design, simplification, etc.
- Verify designs through quick, valid and accurate engineering analyses.
- Ensure all deliverables are technically in accordance with client-applicable standards and regulatory requirements.
- Participate in internal design review meetings being aware of commercial implications.
- Liaison with suppliers and creation of purchasing Instructions.
- Manage the review and respond to client technical queries
- Report any design changes which may have a cost or schedule impact to the relevant personnel.
- Occasionally attend and participate in client meetings.
- Provide timely and technically acceptable solutions to engineering queries eliciting appropriate support as necessary.
- Contribute to training and share your knowledge with your colleagues.
- Be fully aware of personal workload, prioritise and organise to ensure deadlines are achieved.
- Ensure a high standard of professionalism is maintained and that customer care is foremost.
- Ensure personal compliance with all HSE legislation and QHSE Company policy and procedures
- Ensure equipment conforms to applicable Directives, including Machinery Directive, PED, LV, EMC and ATEX.
- To provide technical support for obtaining regulatory approvals for PED, ATEX, IECEx, etc
- To work with 3rd party test laboratories and certification bodies to obtain approvals of products
- Assist in the preparation of Technical Requisitions for any 3rd party design review or verification
- Contribute to the development of systems and improvement in working practices and processes.
- Be fully familiar and conversant with department and company policies, procedures and processes, ensuring all work and actions undertaken are in full compliance at all times.
- Support other departments and carry out other duties as and when business requirements dictate as may be reasonably expected by line manager.
- Travel is occasionally required as dictated by project needs.
- Proven work experience as a Design Engineer in Engineering industry
- Have experience in designingequipment, ideally pressure vessels, in accordance with the PED.
- Experience in a similar position and DP Flow Technology desirable
- Flexible approach to work and a can-do attitude
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Skilled in verbal and written communication
- Proficient mathematical skills, arithmetic, geometry, algebra and other computation tools that support engineering.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in using 2D& 3D CAD package.
- Ability to read & interpret engineering drawings, standards and specifications.
- Knowledge of machining and fabrication techniques.
- Knowledge of Machinery, PED, and ATEX Directives and their application.
- Working knowledge of designing pressure equipment to common design codes
- Knowledge on DP Flow
- Hold a degree qualification in mechanical or design engineering
JOB TYPE& PLACE OF WORK
- Personnel based in Cumbria/Newcastle/Manchester/Glasgow/Edinburgh with frequent travel to Workington