McMenon is looking for a Draughtsperson (CAD Technician) to cope with an increasing workload.
McMenon Engineering Services Ltd is a globally trusted partner of choice for flow, temperature, process measurement solutions and contract manufacturing services.
With a mantra of ‘investing in innovation and the next generation’, McMenon champions diversity of thinking and opportunities, and we are looking for new team members to help us deliver our successful, exciting, and sustainable growth strategy.
- Working closely within an engineering team to help develop bespoke design solutions
- Actively participate in tender packages with input into design for both costs and quality optimisation
- Provide technical assistance to engineers and technicians
- Continual evaluation and improvement of existing designs for increased cost effectiveness, regulatory compliance, quality and value.
- Generating manufacturing drawings, CNC programmes and BoMs, with shop floor level input and evaluation.
- Any other duties as required.
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- Proficient in AutoCAD 2D/3D, able to produce 3D layouts and models
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a multi-functional team
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities – Keen attention to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks
- A sound knowledge of engineering design principles
- Good numeracy and computer skills
- Good communication skills
- A knowledge of material properties
- An understanding of manufacturing processes and construction methods
- Creative flair
- The ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to read engineering drawings/parts lists
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Passionate about offering a good standard of customer service.
- Self-motivated, able to multitask and demonstrate excellent time management skills
- Ability to listen attentively, identifying important information and capture the data accurately
- Good attention to detail and able to work as a team player, performing to a high standard.
- Flexible attitude
- Willingness to learn/develop
JOB TYPE& PLACE OF WORK
- Competitive salary and company pension scheme
- Nine-day fortnight
- On-site parking
- Opportunities to develop your career and progress within the company
- Email your cv and cover letter to email@example.com