McMenon Engineering Services Ltd is a globally trusted partner of choice for flow, temperature, process measurement solutions and contract manufacturing services.
With a mantra of ‘investing in innovation and the next generation’, McMenon champions diversity of thinking and opportunities, and we are looking for new team members to help us deliver our successful, exciting, and sustainable growth strategy.
We are looking for a Degree Apprentice Mechanical Engineer to undertake a structured training program of academic study and on the job training in order to gain the required skills and knowledge.
- Learning and developing practical skills
- Completing all tasks set by the supervisor and assisting wherever possible.
- Observing existing strategies and techniques and offering suggestions for improvement.
- Conducting research and collating data.
- Working closely with staff to foster professional values and build good relationships.
- Observing health and safety guidelines at all times.
- Attending meetings and workshops.
- Submitting to all forms of evaluation during the traineeship.
- Compiling reports and delivering presentations to staff members and other stakeholders.
Requirements and skills
- Minimum Level 3 qualification in an engineering related discipline or a good A-level profile
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to perform at a high standard
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Experience in a technical field would be advantageous.
- Proficient in mathematics.
- Needs good analytical and critical thinking skills and good communication skills.
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure.
- Good observation skills and a willingness to learn.
Job type and place of work
- Full-time (40 hour week) four days on site and 1 day a week in college
- Personnel based in Workington
- Competitive salary and company pension scheme
- Nine-day fortnight
- On-site parking
- Opportunities to develop your career and progress within the company
To apply email your cv and cover letter to email@example.com
Application deadline: Friday, April 22nd, 2022.