McMenon’s mission is to be the premier manufacturer of flow and temperature measurement instrumentation and the trusted partner of choice for complete contract engineering and manufacturing services.
The acquisition of the Workington facility from ABB, a global power and automation technology group, is a major milestone for McMenon Engineering Services. The facility has a long tradition of designing and manufacturing industry-leading highly specialised range of DP flow and temperature measurement products and led by employees who are best in the business.
Social responsibility is at the heart of our business and we truly believe that high performance walks hand in hand with responsibility. McMenon’s vision for the future is to create organisations that are progressively adaptable to change and innovation by providing a meaningful and rewarding experience for its members.
The current vacancy of Control and Instrumentation Engineer has been made available to fulfill the growing ambition of the company to deliver solutions to customers. The engineer will provide instrumentation, control and software application knowledge to solve commercial problems and will form part of the Product Development and Operations Teams.
- Project based work either for product development or customer orders
- Development of I/O devices to handle measurement data
- Building of devices/transmitters/panels to meet commercial need
- Contribute to the development of McMenonproduct and improvement
- Site visits for installation or troubleshooting
- Involvement in calibration facilities operations and upgrades
- Answer technical questions on commercial projects
- Ensure equipment conforms to applicable standards & directives, including Machinery Directive, PED, LV, EMC and ATEX.
- Provide technical support for obtaining regulatory approvals for PED, ATEX, IECEx, etc
- Ensure personal compliance with HSE legislation and QHSE company policies
- Carry out other duties as and when business requirements dictate as may be reasonably expected by line manager.
- Potential for overseas travel
CANDIDATES SHOULD POSSESS THE FOLLOWING SKILLS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Understanding and ability to utilise standard analogue and digital communications protocols e.g. 4-20 mA, Modbus, Foundation Fieldbus, Profibus etc.
- Excellent problem-solving skills for customer queries
- Knowledge of commercially available transmitters for flow, pressure, and temperature measurement
- Knowledge of Machinery, PED, and ATEX Directives and their application.
- Ability learn and understand new material and apply knowledge in work
- Proficient in electrical and mechanical engineering drawings
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- HNC/HND or above preferable
- 5+ years’ experience in an industrial environment
JOB TYPE & PLACE OF WORK