McMenon is looking for experienced CNC machinists to come and work in the Machine shop department to cope with an increasing workload.
McMenon Engineering Services Ltd is a globally trusted partner of choice for flow, temperature, process measurement solutions and contract manufacturing services.
With a mantra of ‘investing in innovation and the next generation’, McMenon champions diversity of thinking and opportunities, and we are looking for new team members to help us deliver our successful, exciting, and sustainable growth strategy.
- Ensure procedures are adhered to and documentation is controlled and good quality parts are given to stores in time
- Programming, setting and operating CNC machines
- Produce complex components in accordance with quality, delivery and cost requirements
- Flexible working across various departments as and when required
- Work from and understand engineering drawings and computer generated models Apply knowledge of materials and machining methods
- Work with minimal supervision and plan workload effectively to achieve targets Ensure all health and safety measures are taken into consideration and that any risks involved are considered.
- React to process, engineering, quality and safety issues as they arise and utilise the knowledge, experience and skills of own and other team members to initiate corrective action.
- Operate flexibility and safely within the team carrying out activities under direction of the team leader within area of competence, capability, and training.
- A time served machinist with CNC and manual experience or a minimum related Level 3 qualification
- Proficient in CNC and Conventional milling and turning
- A strong working knowledge of cutting tool setting and applications Ability to understand and work from technical drawings.
- Comfortable working within an ISO 9001 controlled environment Use appropriate process, technical and engineering skills to achieve manufacturing, quality, and service targets.
- Be able to confidently inspect each component when machining is complete. Work and measure to very tight tolerances
- Good attention to detail and able to work as a team player, performing to a high standard.
- The ability to use a computer to access work instructions, time keeping, perform data entry and complete training if required.
- Good oral communication skills Team player
- Flexible attitude
- Willingness to learn/develop Flexible in your approach to work Able to work well under pressure Good communication skills
Job Type and Place of Work
- Competitive salary and company pension scheme
- Nine-day fortnight
- On-site parking
- Opportunities to develop your career and progress within the company
Email your cv and cover letter to email@example.com