McMenon is looking for a calibration engineer to work in a busy engineering firm.
McMenon Engineering Services Ltd is a globally trusted partner of choice for flow, temperature, process measurement solutions and contract manufacturing services.
With a mantra of ‘investing in innovation and the next generation’, McMenon champions diversity of thinking and opportunities, and we are looking for new team members to help us deliver our successful, exciting, and sustainable growth strategy.
- Perform accurate calibration tests, resolve issues, document results and prepare technical reports, requiring a keen attention to detail.
- Make adjustments to machines, instruments and components using measuring and diagnostic software to ensure precision settings are in line with standards. To prioritise workload so that customer requirements and turnaround targets are achieved.
- Comply with customer requests
- Calibrate in multiple parameters in line with equipment use
- Ensure that the highest possible levels of quality are maintained.
- Operate flexibility and safely within the team carrying out activities under direction of the team leader within area of competence, capability, and training.
- To adhere to all required quality and H&S standards.
- Applicants must demonstrate an understanding of the technical processes and tools associated with calibrating, scientific knowledge concerning statistics and maths, and skills with data analysis and presentation.
- Understanding of related terms and technical jargon is imperative to this role. Basic IT skills and familiarity with common software packages are useful. Experience in the calibration of flowmeters using various wet calibration assets is an advantage.
- An understanding of UKAS traceability
- Good knowledge of HSE
- A good attention to detail
- Good attention to detail and able to work as a team player, performing to a high standard.
- The ability to use a computer to access work instructions, time keeping, perform data entry and complete training if required.
- Good oral communication skills Team player.
- Flexible attitude.
- Willingness to learn/develop Flexible in your approach to work Able to work well under pressure Good communication skills.
Job Type and Place of Work
- Competitive salary and company pension scheme
- Nine-day fortnight
- On-site parking
- Opportunities to develop your career and progress within the company
Email your cv and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org